Sunday

SOME THINGS I'VE SEEN IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS - STK


















World Cup Final at Stoke Newington International Airport was a raucous affair to some degree, the boys at STK had set up the bed sheet and lashed a few beers in the fringe to facilitate a crowd of art loving football viewers, most of whom were avoiding the reality of the local sports bars.
The flurry and excitement of the match was accentuated by the twirling ‘loading’ sign of the internet connection swirling around trying desperately to keep up with the pace of play.
None the less it was a split crowd and when Spain rose to victory there was a modest celebration and a mass exodus of Holland fans.  But I was very happy, I was delighted to see Spain win and I thought of all my lovely Spanish friends celebrating with much joy.